Steam Achievements released for Civ5: Brave New World
[gameinfo title=”Game Info” game_name=”Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World” developers=”Firaxis” publishers=”2K Games” platforms=”PC, Mac” genres=”Strategy” release_date=”9th July 2013 (NA), 12th July 2013 (EU)”]
Steam has added 60 new achievements to Civilization V, to go with its second expansion ‘Brave New World'; it will be released today in North America and coming out this Friday for European regions.
As usual, there are achievements for winning the game, using ideologies and new civilizations in specific ways. There will also be ones related to Artifacts, Trade routes, Concert Tours, and many other new additions to the game. The two scenarios featured in the pack also come with achievements, where most of them involves winning the objective as a specific civilization.
Here’s the list of Brave New World achievements:-
- Tablet Tech Pioneer - Beat the game on any difficulty as Ashurbanipal.
- Pedro’s Party People – Beat the game on any difficulty as Pedro II.
- The Java Script - Beat the game on any difficulty as Gajah Mada.
- This Desert Life – Beat the game on any difficulty as Ahmad Al ’Mansur.
- King of the Wisent – Beat the game on any difficulty as Casimir.
- In Hoc Signo Vinces – Beat the game on any difficulty as Maria I.
- The Great Spirit – Beat the game on any difficulty as Pocatello.
- Queen of the Adriatic – Beat the game on any difficulty as Enrico Dandolo.
- Wanna Be the King of the Zulus – Beat the game on any difficulty as Shaka.
- One Small Step – Win a Space Victory using the Freedom Ideology.
- Yuri-ka! – Win a Space Victory using the Order Ideology.
- Rocking in the Free World – Win a Cultural Victory using the Freedom Ideology.
- Workers of the World – Unite! – Win a Cultural Victory using the Order Ideology.
- Strength Through Joy – Win a Cultural Victory using the Autocracy Ideology.
- Games Without Frontiers – Win a Diplomatic Victory using the Freedom Ideology.
- Axis Powered – Win a Diplomatic Victory using the Autocracy Ideology.
- Better Red Than Dead – Win a Conquest Victory using the Order Ideology.
- Everybody Wants to Rule the World – Win a Conquest Victory using the Autocracy Ideology.
- Knowledge is Power – As Assyria, use a Royal Library filled with a Great Work to train a unit that begins with a promotion.
- Vote for Pedro – As Brazil, win a Diplomatic Victory.
- Enemy Blade No More – As Indonesia, capture an enemy capital with a Kris Swordsman with the Enemy Blade promotion.
- Here’s Looking at You, Kid – As Morocco, airlift a civilian unit from Casablanca to Portugal’s original capital.
- Poland Can into Space – As Poland, win a Space Victory.
- What’s Yours is Mine – As Portugal, construct a Feitoria in a City-State that is allied to another civilization.
- Sacagawea’s Legacy – As the Shoshone, discover 5 ancient ruins with the same Shoshone Pathfinder.
- The Great Betrayal – As Venice, capture the Holy City of the religion that the city of Venice follows.
- Run 50 Miles and Fight a Battle – As Zulu, have an Impi earn all of the special promotions.
- Highway Robbery – Plunder a Caravan Trade Route.
- Silk Road – Connect to the Arabs, China, India, the Mongols, and Persia at the same time using Caravans.
- Greed is Good – Have a city with the Colossus, Petra, a Caravansary, and a Harbor.
- Built in (Almost) a Day – Complete a Wonder in a city with three Trade Routes supplying production to it.
- Merchant Prince – Generate 200 gold per turn via Trade Routes.
- Raiders of the Lost Ark – Have your American Archaeologist extract an Artifact from Egypt with a German Archaeologist within 2 tiles.
- Losing My Marbles – Extract 5 Artifacts from the territory of another major civilization.
- It Belongs in a Museum – Have Artifacts from 10 different City-States in the Museums and Wonders in your civilization.
- British Invasion – Perform a Concert Tour with an English Great Musician in American territory.
- Rock the Kasbah – Perform a Concert Tour with a Great Musician on a Moroccan Kasbah improvement.
- Radio Free Europe – Adopt the Freedom Ideology and fill 10 Broadcast Towers with Great Works.
- Tear Down this Wall! – Force an AI player with the Order Ideology to switch to Freedom.
- Pyramid Scheme – Playing as France, get the Louvre to the maximum theming bonus of 16.
- Lingua Franca – Found the World Congress and remain its host for the entire game.
- Flip-Flop – Propose to repeal an active Resolution which you had originally proposed to enact.
- Dark Horse – Win a Diplomatic Victory without ever being the host of the World Congress.
- Herculean Effort – Complete all International Projects in a single game as the highest contributor.
- Soma Tablets for Everyone – Reach a Happiness level of over 100 for your civ.
- That’s XCOM baby! – Have your XCOM Squad go from 100 health to 0 in a single AI turn.
- Legends of the Hidden Temple – Fully explore the Exploration Policy track.
- Artistic License – Fully explore the Aesthetics Policy track.
Scramble for Africa Scenario
- I Prefer my Africa Scrambled – Win the Scramble for Africa scenario as any civ on any difficulty.
- Praise the Victories – Win the Scramble for Africa playing as the Boers on Deity.
- Ottoman Carpentry - Win the Scramble for Africa playing as the Ottomans on Deity.
- Dr Livingstone I presume? -Playing as Belgium, move your Stanley Explorer to within a tile of England’s Livingstone Explorer.
- The Rhodes Colossus - Playing as England in Scramble for Africa, complete a railroad from Cairo to Capetown.
- Nigerian Bank Account - In Scramble for Africa, marry Sokoto or Bornu.
- Discoverer – Playing as Italy in Scramble for Africa, earn the VP for finding two Natural Wonders.
Civil War Scenario
- Glory, glory, hallelujah! – Win the Civil War scenario playing as the Union.
- Standing like a Stone Wall – Win the Civil War scenario playing as the Confederates.
- Red Badge of Courage – Win the Civil War scenario on Deity.
- Pickett’s Recharge – Capture Gettysburg with a Confederate Infantry unit possessing the George Pickett promotion.
- Sheridan’s Valley Campaign – As Union, control Winchester, Front Royal, Harrisonburg, Staunton, and Lynchburg.
If you have any thoughts, or have tips on getting them easily, let us know in the comments below.